I’m not a creative cook. In fact, the easier the better. So when I run across something that even I can bake and make, I want to pass it along. (Got this recipe from momswhothink.com)
3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
3 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cups tomato pasta sauce (from 26-oz jar)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
1. In shallow dish or pie plate, mix Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
2. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat egg. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into egg, and coat again with Bisquick mixture.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
4. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove from skillet to plate.
5. Add pasta sauce to skillet. Add basil, oregano and garlic to sauce, stir well. Heat for 1 minute.
6. Place chicken on top of sauce. Sprinkle with Mozarella. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.